Spectus 40mm beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. does anyone have 40mm triple glazing in a Spectus frame (B55 beads)? I'm trying to find out if the beads are supposed to tilt inwards or not! I have gaps at all the corners like the below. I contacted Spectus who said 'The bead mitre will line up, when it matches how they have been sat in the frame when first cut at 45 degrees.' Dry fit with no glass, they tilt in. Spectus haven't answered me if they're supposed to do that though - which they should be able to, after all the frame dimensions front to back are fixed. I can't imagine I'd ever be able to wedge the glass forwards hard enough to get the bead to fit like it is dry fit (not even sure there's enough physical distance there for it)...I think they've cut the beads short. Company wants £250 for a site visit (this is after they screwed up the glass order and I went elsewhere for the glass).
IMG_20210209_083037.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back