Speedfit for a power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I safely use Speedfit fitiings and piping with a pump that has 2.5bar pressure to supply 2 bathrooms / showers?

Sponsored Links
Seco Services, thanks for your very prompt response. I have assumed you mean a visual mess rather than an H2O mess.

Sponsored Links
Would that possibly be the same 4 year old that fitted the stopcock (brass) onto the pipework (copper) in my new flat?
It does not have to be PEX and pushfit for it to look like a semi-trained chimpanzee has fitted it.
And the opposite applies, IMHO.

No-one has yet offered a plausible reason for not using pushfit.
Being a Luddite does not count as a plausible reason! ;)

I have a reason;

A real plumber would never have a reason to use such a fitting.

That's a statement from a 90 year old man who has thought in two world wars and had a career in the plumbing industry since the 50's.

Push-Fit is for the untrained, unexperienced and unprepared amongst us.

A real plumber would never have a reason to use such a fitting.

That's a statement from a 90 year old man who has thought in two world wars and had a career in the plumbing industry since the 50's.

Push-Fit is for the untrained, unexperienced and unprepared amongst us.
A Luddite to the end, was he?
If he was still on the tools he'd no doubt be wiping lead joints all day, fitting gravity solid fuel heating systems, travelling from job to job on his horse and cart blah blah.

Saying a real plumber would never have a reason to use such a fitting is like saying a real pilot would never fly a jet plane, or a real plumber would never use a propane gas blowlamp.

Who's still got one of these in his tool bag and in daily use?
shawblow30cx.jpg

Second that charnwood. This is the very reason 90 year old thinkers should stay well clear of 21st century technology. It's never a good combination.

Second that charnwood. This is the very reason 90 year old thinkers should stay well clear of 21st century technology. It's never a good combination.
What a load of crap; that’s a very, very bold statement to make. Do you have absolutely any experience of modern technology (or even not so modern) & the rather more frequent than anticipated failures they suffer? Or are your statements just based on fitting plastic Speedfit pipes because it makes your life easier :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your views but as someone who’s been involved with many aspects of technology for a rather long time (but not 90 years), such a statement shows naivety & is totally ageist, which seems to be increasingly in vogue . Don’t believe everything you read on the tin or what you are told by those with a vested interest; there are many, many examples of technological failure which all seemed like a fantastic idea at the time & were "sold" to the gullible ;)

For you to think my statement was based on naivety is condescending. In order for us to progress, we have to try new things. Sometimes that is difficult and sometimes it does not work at all. That does not mean for every step that falters we should take two back. Indeed it makes us strive for better things still.
Plastic pipe and fittings are not an easy fix. Nor are they new technology. They provide a functional, tested and approved alternative method of plumbing to copper and brass. Besides, is the pump going to be a centrepiece for display and discussion, or tucked away somewhere?
Of course, I would not want plastic run surface in my house, but it is ideal for just this type of application.

For you to think my statement was based on naivety is condescending
Your statement was equally if not more condescending than mine with regard to your silly & ageist comments about others opinions which you perceive to be from “has been 90 year olds” & the caution expressed in their wisdom.

I don’t disagree with any of your other comments; I’m all for pushing the boundaries of technology & have done so in a professional capacity all my life but it has to be tempered with wisdom & experience which, unfortunately, only usually comes with hindsight.

As I said, don't believe all you read on the tin; feel free to carry on with what you believe in but don’t belittle others that have a different opinion. ;) Good advice & different opinions are always welcome but don’t trait it with comments that seem rather more aimed at befriending the Trolls that live here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back