speedfit pipe and fittings

Sponsored Links
Speedfit - You say it's the cheapest, but cheapest isn't always the best. As for the PEX pipe it's almost impossible to use from the coil, therefore you end up using straight lengths and more fittings making the "Cheaper" system more expensive.

Polyplumb - Is the old technology ("O" ring first Grab Ring Second) you are more likely to get an installer error because the pipe has not been fully inserted) Fittings can't be re-used without replacing the grab ring.

Speedfit.... You wanna see my contract support :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

Have you seen the Polyfit stuff (the white demountable) its scary easy to remove the pipe!! No twist and lock like speedfit :eek:

Check out Polymax fittings too.... Think Hep2o may have a copyright case!!!! [/quote]

Check out Polymax fittings too.... Think Hep2o may have a copyright case!!!!
[/quote]

Polymax is the same fitting as Polyfit but they have replaced the 3 pronged cap for a longer one that makes the collet release recessed.
The cap can still be unscrewed so not really tamper proof like the Hep fitting.
But yes they do look similar but the internals are completely different.

If you work on new build where there is a Polyfit specification you will know that some developers have moved away from using Polyfit behind "Dot and Dab" because of issues with pipe blowing off.

Sponsored Links

Polymax is the same fitting as Polyfit but they have replaced the 3 pronged cap for a longer one that makes the collet release recessed.
The cap can still be unscrewed so not really tamper proof like the Hep fitting.
But yes they do look similar but the internals are completely different.

If you work on new build where there is a Polyfit specification you will know that some developers have moved away from using Polyfit behind "Dot and Dab" because of issues with pipe blowing off.[/quote]

Yep all we work for (except Shepards) want polyplumb in walls and polyfit for the rest?

Poly Max is the cheapest followed by fit then the grey Plumb. Got a big site coming off with Polypipe spec. Was thinking of polymax BUT what is putting me off was I have never seen it and the only stockest I could find was Wilkos!!!!!

Yep all we work for (except Shepards) want polyplumb in walls and polyfit for the rest?

Poly Max is the cheapest followed by fit then the grey Plumb. Got a big site coming off with Polypipe spec. Was thinking of polymax BUT what is putting me off was I have never seen it and the only stockest I could find was Wilkos!!!!!

Would you really want to trust Polyfit when the Developers and even Polypipe themselves have said there is potentially a problem with it when installed in certain situations, and recommend that you use Polyplumb in those situations. (We have a letter from Polypipe saying just that)

My understanding of Polymax is that it has been introduced for the DIY market, and that contract support isn't available on it.

Plus from a merchants point of view, it's another line to stock, they may already stock Polyplumb, Polyfit, Polysure, Speedfit so putting another line in takes money and space and they may not get any extra sales, new sales may be at the expense of one of the other products.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back