'speeding' driver..

Or maybe it was just part of the game of 'brinkmanship' to see how far the defendant is willing to go when the cps know they are on 'dodgy ground'?... ;)

Sponsored Links
Of course it never happens that a case gets to court/almost at court and then 'no evidence is offered?.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
the point is it may not be fundamentally flawed.
...which is exactly why I wrote "If...". If the evidence is fundamentally flawed...

I said:
I believed, and still believe, that the results from speed measuring equipment that hasn't been calibrated for use in a given scenario are not admissable as evidence.
I'm not clear whether or not you believe that the evidence, in that scenario, is always admissible. If you don't, and it isn't, then the evidence is no longer evidence, and there's no possibility of using any expert witness to turn it back into evidence.

This isn't like offering expert evidence of blood alcohol samples taken the morning after, and successfully showing, by calculation, that someone who was seen driving hours earlier must have been over the legal limit because they had no alcohol intake afterwards.

If camera evidence is the only evidence, then in this scenario of incorrect use according to calibration legislation, the charge cannot be upheld.

Back