Spell checks with IE 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed computers and went on this site and answered a few queries using Internet Explorer 8 only to look back and see spelling mistakes. These were not underlined in red as with Mozilla FireFox which rather surprised me. Have I failed to do something or is IE still not up-dated to the basic requirements?

Sponsored Links
Well I have tried the first option. It says it is installed but will still allow me to make errors. sjill has been accepted it does say it is enabled so I'll just stick with fire fox

I'd recommend ie7pro, as it has many other benefits too.

Just make sure you install the the proper English dictionary file, and not the poxy American one

Sponsored Links
I don't think ieSpell is designed to underline the misspelt words as they are typed but it should check what's written as a whole once started by one of the methods mentioned on the ieSpell site. Worth seeing if it works as described:

Three ways to start the spell check; via the right click context menu, the toolbar or the menu bar.

I don't use IE8 very much but have IE7Pro installed for the times that it is used. The spell checker that comes with IE7Pro does underline misspelt words as they are typed.

Back