spitting hot tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, Im new to this website and occasionally do a bit of DIY.

I've got a Worcester Combi boiler and never really had any problems with it, until recently. The hot tap in the kitchen (nearest tap to the boiler) won’t stop spitting when you open it more than half way. It also comes out white, before it settles. I've also noticed a small amount of water dripping from the boiler onto the work top.

I noticed the pressure was pretty low and increased to about 1.5/2 bar. But this doesn't make any difference to the tap pressure (as I think that was the central heating pressure).

How can I release or reset the pressure to the tap currit? I suspect there is some trapped air in the system that needs releasing, or is it more complicated than that?

Sponsored Links
Is this the only tap affected ? If so there might be a build up of lime in the spout end, if it has a removable end screw it out and clean it. The white water is nothing to worry about (air bubbles) put it in a clear glass and watch it disappear. Also the pressure is for the CH. If there's water dripping out of the boiler you have a leak that needs sorting.

Is this the only tap affected ? If so there might be a build up of lime in the spout end, if it has a removable end screw it out and clean it. The white water is nothing to worry about (air bubbles) put it in a clear glass and watch it disappear. Also the pressure is for the CH. If there's water dripping out of the boiler you have a leak that needs sorting.

Thanks. Its only the downstairs kitchen tap that is spitting.
I'll give the tap a good clean and report back.

I'll get a gas safe engineer to service the boiler, to check out the little leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back