Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic - No water from hot taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I live in a first floor tenement flat with the mentioned combi boiler. There is no water coming from any of my hot taps (kitchen or bathroom). Cold taps are running, although at a lower pressure than before. Electric shower (Mira Sport) seems to be working, but it was spitting a bit and at its normal daily use temperature setting, it was scorching hot.

The pressure is at just under 1 bar, but when I turn the release valve between the cold water pipe and the flow pipe (which would normally increase the pressure), nothing happens. Normally I can hear the hissing sound of something going from one to the other, but this time nothing.

The pilot light is on, and when i turned the central heating on it seemed to work, tho I turned it off pretty quickly as im not sure if its affecting anything.

Any ideas? Could this be a problem affected by street plumbing?

Thanks
Brad

Sponsored Links
Cold water feed to your boiler has been turned off. i.e. cold water is not getting to boiler to be heated. Might be an idea to talk to people who turned the water off to carry out plumbing work (hence spitting cold water taps when you ran your cold taps)

OK, so that sounds like it might be a problem outside the confines of my flat. Sounds right that theres no cold water getting to the boiler, thats what it feels like.

Not sure how someone outside of my flat can do something like that tho, so possibly an issue with the council/whoever's responsible for water feed into the building? In which case other flats must have same problem?

This happened to a lesser degree a month or two ago where the water pressure out of the taps just dropped, but it came back to normal in a couple of days. I own the flat and have lived here for 3 years. This time seems worse tho as theres no water from hot taps at all now.

Ultimately trying to figure out if I should call out the plumbers or if its external problem then call the council or water company?

you haven't actually confirmed there was work done outside though, was there?

if the flow to your cold taps has dropped considerably its fair to assume its an external problem i suppose. have you checked your stop cock is open? some flats have a stopcock in the hall meaning others can mess with your or the entire building supply.

Sponsored Links
Well this problem just fixed itself. I came home and the water was just working again.

No idea what was wrong or how it was fixed.

Thanks for everyones replies

Confused.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back