Boiler at very high pressure

K

kiranbp

I noticed earlier that the pressure gauge on our boiler was in the red. Now on using a hot tap the pressure increases very quickly...going to about 3.8bar (I haven't used the tap for long because of this). The pressure then fairly quickly returns to 3.4bar but will not go any lower..is there a way to release some pressure safely? Or should it just go down in time?
Boiler is a Valliance ecoTec plus 837.
Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
if you have a drain tap on the underneath of your boiler, should be a big red knob and there is a drain pipe already fitted just slightly turn this to let some water out, this should release some of the pressure, if you dont have a drain pipe already fitted then i would do this unless you know where the water is going to come out from and you have a bucket handy. this works for me if i put the pressure up to hgh for my vaillant

Release some water from draincock to about 1 to 1.5 bar. The draincock is underneath one of the rads normally. NOT the big red knob underneath the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back