Pressure way too high in boiler!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler was showing F22 low pressure… husband pressed wrong things and pressure has shot up way too high and I can’t get it down. It’s halfway in the red ( 2.9/ 3.0)
I’ve switched boiler off, tried to drain 2 rads but pressure won’t reduce. I cannot find the pressure release thing in the boiler at all.
It’s a Valiant ecotec plus.
Is it dangerous if pressures gone to 3? How can I find the pressure release button. I’ve searched you tube etc and none look like mine.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The Pressure relief valve is inside the boiler and you shouldn't be opening the lid.

However releasing the Pressure via the PRV will give you another problem in that they generally need replacing afterwards.

Best thing to do is to run a garden hose to a drain cock on the ground floor.

They can sometimes stick.

Screenshot_20240306_202832_Chrome.jpg

Should look like this.
Turn anticlockwise to open.

Do be mindful.

The Pressure relief valve is inside the boiler and you shouldn't be opening the lid.

However releasing the Pressure via the PRV will give you another problem in that they generally need replacing afterwards.

Best thing to do is to run a garden hose to a drain cock on the ground floor.

They can sometimes stick.
No idea what a PRV is? I’ve turned it off at the wall until I can get an engineer tomorrow.

What bit do you turn, the little bit at the top?

Turn the square part, with a spanner, ant-clockwise. The water will flow out, so have something to catch it.

Before doing that, we need to work out what caused it to pressurise in the first place. Has someone been opening fill valves, or was there some other reason?

What make and model boiler and what do you mean pressed things to make pressure go higher

Has he shut off the fill valve?
No idea what that is
Turn the square part, with a spanner, ant-clockwise. The water will flow out, so have something to catch it.

Before doing that, we need to work out what caused it to pressurise in the first place. Has someone been opening fill valves, or was there some other reason?
it just suddenly stopped working and flashed F22, which I read up as low pressure… and my pressure dial was on zero! I YouTubed how to put the pressure up but hubby turned both the valve buttons instead of just one? Then turned them both back to their original position… but then the pressure shot up to the red area! We waited a long time and it’s refused to go down, not even a tiny bit…it was at 2.9 and even 3.0 then the the pressure dial rose a bit higher so I’ve turned the whole thing off including the gas at the mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back