high boiler pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

I recently had an F.22 error on my Valiant ecoTEC plus 824 which I adjusted but have allowed to much water in and the pressure is now 3.2 and flashing a warning sign. I have searched the manual (probably with my eyes shut) and can't find how to adjust it downwards Due to the position of the boiler I can't get underneath to see any release valves. I brought the pressure up by turning both grey knobs through luck! Do I use these to release pressure too?

Sponsored Links
Hi Folks,

I recently had an F.22 error on my Valiant ecoTEC plus 824 which I adjusted but have allowed to much water in and the pressure is now 3.2 and flashing a warning sign. I have searched the manual (probably with my eyes shut) and can't find how to adjust it downwards Due to the position of the boiler I can't get underneath to see any release valves. I brought the pressure up by turning both grey knobs through luck! Do I use these to release pressure too?

Hi there,

Something similar happened to us a few months ago (837) unfortunately the boiler was a little cold and the expansion pushed it over. Get a bowl, go to a radiator, And open the bleed valve on the side and drain off 1-2 mugs of water out of the system. This would do the central heating side. See if that solves the problem, if not you could turn off the boiler, then drain off a little from the Hot tap, then re-turn on the boiler.

Let me know if that works for you, best to do a small ish amount then check the boiler, then do more rather than too much and have to refill etc.

PS also found no mention in any manuals for that way to reduce things... Could be worth having it in there as I was looking for ages late one eve to solve it haha!

Hope this helps,

Screen_Hunter_126_Mar_24_22_57.jpg

280_B11_A1_B0_AF3_B76.gif

Indeed lol ^

But got to give new poster the benefit of the doubt :) Might not have ever used a forum before. Or might be on a tiny computer screen or mobile and not seen all the sections below and only the top 7 topics before the separate categories etc.

Sponsored Links
But got to give new poster the benefit of the doubt :)
Will that be as in "I doubt he is paying sufficient attention", or "I doubt he can read properly"?

Might not have ever used a forum before.
Can't he read?

Or might be on a tiny computer screen or mobile and not seen all the sections below and only the top 7 topics before the separate categories etc.
Does he not know about scrolling?

Or if his device of choice is such a problem to use, does he not realise that he's made the wrong choice?

May not :)

Besides as pointed out would hope then use correctly. Not many read forum rules I bet.

Besides single 1st time ones don't bother me so much as they usually find out after i.e. your post lol. It's the ones that do it constantly after with 5+ posts that's annoying.

I didn't realise as I come to the main page open all the regular areas I go to, so I then have about 20 tabs open then just read/reply. I had no idea and didn't look which area it was from by the time I replied sounded central heating so assumed I was replying in that area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back