Splashy kitchen tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a kitchen tap one of those tall U shaped ones. Problem is it splashes badly. It was in place when I bought my new home. The kitchen is an Ikea one. The tap doesn't seem to have any way to attach an aerator which I understand would probably fix the problem, no thread inside or outside the end of the tap. It is a single nozzle mixer tap. The hot water is the one that splashes most. Do such things as push on aerators exist?
Is there a solution to this? Apart from getting a new tap?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does it splash when the tap is not fully turned on ?

A general photo of the tap and a close up photo of the spout nozzle will be useful for further advice.

If there is isolating valves fitted to pipework you could adjust the flow to stop the splashing .

Either change the tap ( simplest solution) or find a piece of clear hose to fit the outside and push in an aerator.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for responses.
Yes it splashes regardless of how much it is turned on. Will try to take a couple of photos. This is not the tap I have but the business end is almost identical, with the small bulbous part towards the end.
https://www.tapsuk.com/images/colon...chen-sink-mixer-tap-7018-p7842-24942_zoom.jpg

There is an isolator valve on the cold inlet and I've fiddled with that without any change. The problem is on the hot feed of the mixer. If you run the tap with cold water it is fine, mixed so warm or solely hot and it splashes all the time.

Not sure I want a bit of hose stuck on the end of my tap even if there was a way to attach it. Sounds a bit ugly.

Thanks for responses.
Yes it splashes regardless of how much it is turned on. Will try to take a couple of photos. This is not the tap I have but the business end is almost identical, with the small bulbous part towards the end.
https://www.tapsuk.com/images/colon...chen-sink-mixer-tap-7018-p7842-24942_zoom.jpg

There is an isolator valve on the cold inlet and I've fiddled with that without any change. The problem is on the hot feed of the mixer. If you run the tap with cold water it is fine, mixed so warm or solely hot and it splashes all the time.

Not sure I want a bit of hose stuck on the end of my tap even if there was a way to attach it. Sounds a bit ugly.
New taps then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back