Splitting cable and routing to conservatory for freeview

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is this possible that i can split the cable before it goes to my main V+ box then route this 6 meteres to conservatory have the cable hidden and terminate it at a wall plate.(Before i plaster)

Then does it go from wall plate to tv or do i need a box? the tv will be freeview ready maybe the samsung 3d tv deal just need to clear this up with my fuzzy head lol

Edit Ok lads at work told me the answer it cant be done looks like i need to redo the areial in the loft

Thanks for your time lads

Lee

Sponsored Links
The problem is with impedance matching. The common way to match is either with resistors or with an active amplifier. The latter works well but of course needs power there are three basic ways to power. 1) Plugged direct into mains. 2) Battery power. 3) Mains power supply which sends power through the coax to remote amplifier. (Mast head amplifier).

The former reduces signal strength and so needs good signal to start with. Also switching on one TV can affect signal to another.

Cheers for the info, ive layed some sattalile cable behind the plaster boards and routed outside ready for a new ariel to be installed fingers crossed the run aint to long regarding signal (20 meteres), if its no good i will do the amplifier method you have discribed.

Thanks

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back