spot board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have done afew small plastering jobs mainly making good before tiling and have been able to work from a bucket,now have a larger area to do and think it best to use a spot board.Any advice on what's best to use for one as in type of wood.

Sponsored Links
Bit of 18 or 25 mm ply with a batten fastened underneath so you can clamp it in your workmate.

Very rare that inside I work off a spot-board nowadays, I always work out of a "gorrilla tub" using a bucket trowel the bigger the area the bigger the gorrilla tub, ideal if your working off hop-ups or tressles....also easy to clean out..

Sponsored Links
For plastering,I work mostly out of a big tub/bucket as well, but if roughcasting or rendering on a scaffold, I use a 3ft square piece of ply, just placed flat on the scaffold boards, and moved around as I go.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back