Spotty Render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Once you've all picked yourselves off the floor at the arrival of the good weather, perhaps you let me have your thoughts on the images below.

I've just had a 15mm application of Monorex through colour render over new block work and old brick.

The application has taken place within the last 4 weeks, so is still relatively fresh. The finish looks 1st class, however whenever the render gets wet in the rain and subsequently dries off the pattern of the brickwork appears. This does not happen where the render has been applied over the new block work.

The pattern is very pronounced and last for a couple of days after the render has dried out.

Do we have a problem here, or can I expect this to disappear with time?

Thoughts please.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Its pattern staining due to differential moisture absorption of the wall bricks or condensation.

I'm not familiar with this particular system, but with normal renders it occurs due to insufficient thickness of the render. Again with traditional render it may disappear when painted, bit yours seems to be already coloured?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back