Spraypainting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys

Just wondering if someone could answer a question for me.

I am spraypainting furniture for my room, and obviously it is quite strong smelling. Is it safe to have spraypainted furniture in your room? Should I leave them outside for a while?

Any help would be great! :D

Sponsored Links
When you say strong smellling, I am thinking cellulose or alkyd based applications, If so it would be very unadvisable to continue these works.

To spray paint indoors you should have adequate ventilation and wear a respirator at all times. I would advise you against such a practice.

Dec.

outside would be safer- the smell means that the paint is still releasing solvents

Hey, sorry I haven't explained myself properly lol.

I sprayed it outside, I just want to put the furniture in my room afterwords. This is okay?

Sponsored Links
Jamie.

No you did'nt explain it well, but worry not, i'll forgive you.

The application of any paint system goes through many changes before becoming fully cured and able to withstand the stresses with regard to the intention of it's purpose.

Therefore if your satisfied that your system of application is well past it's touch dry stage and no more solvent vapours are being released, then your ok to restore it in it's rightful place.

Have a good weekend

Dec.

Agree with Dec on this one ,solvent based paints and varnish are murder to spray indoors ,mainly because of the fumes ,dont under estimate the warning on the cans ! i know because iv seen first hand decorators passing out on jobs ,and its not hangover either ! spray in a outside area or in a shed with windows open or at least with a extractor fan .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back