Spur

So you say no more then 13amps, from a double socket, how many households will you go in and see the kettle beside the toaster, quick sum says I'm drawing 17.5 amps at breakfast time.

This is just an observation I am not disagreeing with your quote of the regs. :LOL:
Thats one mighty powerful toaster u have mine's only 600W

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum p1967.

Please try to avoid replying to posts which are over 4½ years old.... ;)

Welcome to the forum p1967.

Please try to avoid replying to posts which are over 4½ years old.... ;)

Heres a simple reasoning,
Whats the point in putting a fcu if you can only put max 1 double socket, surely theres no point in the fcu if you cant or wont put more that 1 double after it?

Sponsored Links
I can see why, if that were so, he'd be wanting to get hold of more energy than a 3kW supply can deliver.

I was curious to know how long it would take to get to c at 1g, if you ignored all that pesky relativity stuff, and decided to google it rather than pick up my calculator and work out how long 30,570,000 seconds is.

But I got bored before I found anybody who was prepared to ignore that pesky relativity stuff. About 1 year.

But I am so glad I did look, because if I hadn't I would never have seen this priceless post:

All that relativity garbage is just that. Garbage. As you aproach the speed of light nothing changes. It doesn't take any longer to accelerate the last half of the way to the speed of light as it does the first half. When you acheive the speed of light nothing happens , nothing changes. If you keep accelerating at 1G twice as long as that then you will be going twice the speed of light. Specks of dust should be destroying the space station by now because for all we know the solar system and the entire galaxy could be moving away or toward one another at 100s of times the speed of light. Unless your Christopher Colombuses Queen of Spain and you beleive the ocean continues on to infinity and where your sitting is the center of the universe, the sun goes around the earth and this is ground zero and you are perfectly still. Did you measure our speed in the universe by the warehouse walls at the edge morons? What I want to know is where these idioitic concepts like Vaporizing or going back in time come from? Since you haven't invented a spacecraft that can accelerate constantly at a 1G acceleration you automatically asume from some erouneous candle light and horse era mathimatical scribble that you will vaporize at the speed of light which if you recall they also tried to sell us about breaking the SOUND barrier before it was possible. Why do you mathematical types persist at this nonsense. It takes 380 something days to accelerate to and PAST the speed of light as closely as I had calculated at one time but I cannot ever get a straight answer on this very pertinent question because of all the geeknoid scientific daydreaming about these infinite forces barring coming near the speed of light GETTING IN THE WAY. Shut up all ready you have no proof for all that hogwash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back