spurring of ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is an upstairs ring main in the club that feeds 20 sockets (most of these are have never been used and are in pointless locations - cupboards etc!!) and is fed by a 32amp mcb. I have been asked to install an additional 2 double sockets.

Since they dont want to chase walls out etc I was thinking of spurring a double socket using plastic trunking to run the 2.5mm cable in and puuting a fused spur in to protect the two double sockets? Would any of you do the same??

Sponsored Links
no, because its a commercial premises, if anything goes wrong, insurance comapies love a scapegoat, and in this case thats you.

let some one else do it.

you may know how to do it, but as i said its a commercial premises, and you have (probably) not got insurance. just bow out gracefully.

Better safe than sorry

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice but i am an electrician with insurance just wanted to ask if there was an easier way than what i was proposing!!

any reply appreciated!!

breezer said:
no, because its a commercial premises, if anything goes wrong, insurance comapies love a scapegoat, and in this case thats you.

always jumping to conclusions that people have no insurance to do work or dont kno wot there doin

andrew2022 said:
always jumping to conclusions that people have no insurance to do work or dont kno wot there doin

NOT GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!

this is a diy forum Do It Yourself.

If professionals want advice / 2nd opinion they should say so, not just ask.

You must also take into consideration that any one can read these posts, from young to old, from people "ooo no abit bout lectriks" to those who have no idea but admit they have no idea, and of course others.

it is better to ask first than to worry later

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back