SPYAXE

Sponsored Links
Type remove spyaxe into google there's loads of info to be had there.

Sounds like you still have some spyware on there. Try downloading spybot (free) or the MS spyware program (also free) see if they can spot / eradicate anything.

Sponsored Links
Eddie.
Did that, already had MS version of spyware, does not detect anything, any ideas anybody?

TopTrumper said:
Eddie.
Did that, already had MS version of spyware, does not detect anything, any ideas anybody?

MS Antispyware has a setting to prevent your homepage being changed. Is it up to date? Ed. also suggested Spybot. Did you try it? Another possibility is Hijack This, although you need some knowledge of what can and can't be removed.

It's also worth having a look at Add/remove programs for anything that you don't recognise. Some BHOs get installed here and need to be uninstalled before attempting spyware removal.

Prevention is always better than trying to cure the problem. 99% of spyware is self inflicted by visiting sites offering something for nothing or by participating in peer to peer file sharing.

Breezer.
Downloaded your recommended site and also got scanned from this.
Problem is still there, on internet options i still have bbc as my home page, no matter what i do though, this page remains, anybody?

TopTrumper said:
Breezer.
Downloaded your recommended site and also got scanned from this.
Problem is still there, on internet options i still have bbc as my home page, no matter what i do though, this page remains, anybody?

Have you emptied temp internet files?

Have you reset home page in Internet options (and clicked apply)

Did you try Spybot?

bbc is different from the initial homepage you listed.

Hi
I had the same problem on my system a couple of months back, I also had my home page hijacked by a similar trojan I had already on my system spybot and also avg grisoft anti virus this did not not pick this spyware up. After trying various things eventually I came across webroot anti spyware which located the spyware and destroyed the offender. I believe there is a free 14 day trial version which you could see if it locates it ,but I think you may have to buy the program to erredicate it.

As previously mentioned by Mr. B, a search of google is all that is required. Here's one i've done for you :rolleyes:

Make sure you do the Windows updates, which is why you got the problem in the first place.

Sponsored Links
Back