virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me last week I had virus on pc I got another pc so I used that on today sunday I went back to pc with virus on how come when i turned it on it didn't tell me that it had virus one very strange

Sponsored Links
"last week I had virus on pc"
What information did you see to know that you had a virus.

It is quite possible that you have a malware program that tries to con you into scanning for a virus then getting you to buy a program to remove the ficticous virus.

MalwareBytes will check it out and remove any malware.

Full instructions in case you are not sure what to do.

1st thing to do is clear out all your temporary files, tool of choice is ATF Cleaner, it is free and you do not have to install it. Download and instructions here (Windows XP, 2K, 2003 & Vista ONLY)
* NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.

-- Click on ATF-Cleaner to run it
-- Where it says Select Files To Delete, Check the Select All Option
-- Click Empty Selected - > OK

If you use Firefox browser, do this also:

* Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
* Click the Empty Selected button.

Then, please download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select > Perform Quick Scan, then click > Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click > OK, then > Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click > Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Save this log to My Documents in case it is needed for reference.
Reboot as required.

Open the log that you saved top My Documents and highlite, copy & paste it back here.

dave

I'm not sure I understand what you've wrote. You had a virus on one pc, used another, then today started the first pc with virus and want to know why it didn't tell you???

How did you find out you have a virus?
What version of windows are you using?
What security software are you using? and,
If its still there how are you going to remove it?

minky you want to use some of these fings .......................... or these fings,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sponsored Links
Dave
when i turned pc on there was a message in bottom right hand corner it said windows have detected that you have virus i was unable to log in on internet every time i clicked on anything it wouldn't open I switched over to my net pc. today I tryed to do a full restore placed disc in turned pc on. message come up press any key to start i did this but nothing happened my pc is fujitsu simens cheers
"last week I had virus on pc"
What information did you see to know that you had a virus.

It is quite possible that you have a malware program that tries to con you into scanning for a virus then getting you to buy a program to remove the ficticous virus.

MalwareBytes will check it out and remove any malware.

Full instructions in case you are not sure what to do.

1st thing to do is clear out all your temporary files, tool of choice is ATF Cleaner, it is free and you do not have to install it. Download and instructions here (Windows XP, 2K, 2003 & Vista ONLY)
* NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.

-- Click on ATF-Cleaner to run it
-- Where it says Select Files To Delete, Check the Select All Option
-- Click Empty Selected - > OK

If you use Firefox browser, do this also:

* Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.
* Click the Empty Selected button.

Then, please download MalwareBytes' AntiMalware

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

* Then click Finish

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select > Perform Quick Scan, then click > Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click > OK, then > Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click > Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Save this log to My Documents in case it is needed for reference.
Reboot as required.

Open the log that you saved top My Documents and highlite, copy & paste it back here.

dave

If you have access to another computer download Superantispyware and Malwarebytes on it, copy them to a usb drive and install them on the infected computer. Try to update and run their scans.

unable to do full restore on my siemens
I'm not sure I understand what you've wrote. You had a virus on one pc, used another, then today started the first pc with virus and want to know why it didn't tell you???

How did you find out you have a virus?
What version of windows are you using?
What security software are you using? and,
If its still there how are you going to remove it?

A full reinstall is a last restort, but since you're not giving any decent info theres no point in trying to help you.

Go into the BIOS make the first boot device the cd-rom.

Sponsored Links
Back