Square grid hopper query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Under a drain pipe is a square grid hopper and looking into it there is another pipe with an inspection hatch on it. What is that extra pipe for?

Sponsored Links
Neither can I but when its light tomorrow I'll put up a picture.

To quote Donovan - " first there is a drainpipe then there is no drainpipe then there is" :LOL: :cool:

Sponsored Links

For SASroofer- Why would something like this be used?

You can see the inspection hatch. The cord on the right is the camera cord.

Hmmm not seen one of these before, so this picture is looking down into the hopper, and I see the inspection hatch, do you know if the pipe its connected to runs the length of the pipe it is inside?

I think the 'inner pipe' is there incase of blockage to the main pipe, if this were to occur you could then unscrew the inspection pipes cap and you have drainage once more, basically buying you time to unblock the main pipe.

I think the 'inner pipe' is there incase of blockage to the main pipe, if this were to occur you could then unscrew the inspection pipes cap and you have drainage once more, basically buying you time to unblock the main pipe.
I go along with that, could be a 2nd back up overflow

Yes, I think you are right. The hopper pipe is full of crude and not easy to remove with that other pipe in the way. When the inspection hatch is removed that also is full of crud so I'll get something to get it out.
The thing is, not that I want another one, but where do you go to get one of those things?

I'm so sad I know that that is an Osma 4D900 gully, the cap is a rubber bung to access the drain directly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back