Squeaking coming from the rear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 9yr old Vauxhall Astra and lately every time I turn a corner I get a squeaking coming from what I think is the wheels (possibly the suspension which I know can sometimes squeak but this is a different noise to what I normally hear). What could the general problems and solutions be?
I haven't serviced the car for coming up to three year now so could everything just need a good oil?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This time of year it could be the anti roll bar bushes on the front.
If you bounce the car up and down can you hear it?

I cant hear anything when I bounce it, I thought (I have very little knowledge of cars) that it might have been the bearings.

When you say it could be the anti roll bar bushes on the front, would this cause the noise to come from the rear as this is where the noise is coming from?

Teach me for skim reading!
Jack the car up and see if there is any play in the wheel bearings.

Sponsored Links
The wheel bearings are fine I think as there's plenty give in the wheel but the sqeeking is still there when turning, could it be a worn track rod end or something? It only comes from the front left wheel

It only comes from the front left wheel
Do you mean rear? :confused:

Ooops no not now sorry, It is actually coming from the front now, I put my car in for an MOT the other week and for some reason the squeaking from the rear has never happened since I picked it up and now I can only hear it from the front nearside wheel.
There is no noise when bouncing the car up and down, no noise when driving in a straight line, I only hear it when turning corners.

Back