Squeaking wheels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nissan serena and have recently noticed a squeaking noise especially when moving off or reversing coming from the rear wheels, like when a wheelbarrow wheel needs oiling.
The brakes probably need looking at and it is going to the garage on thursday for a pre mot check.
However can anyone enlighten me on this matter, all advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The main thing is - do the wheels get hot? If not it is probably the brakes. If they do get hot then suspect the wheel bearings.

Thanks Joe 90 for the reply

Wheels dont get hot so looks like I'll be doshing out loads of money for the brakes then, but I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Merry Christmas

Yep, if theyre drum brakes on the back, they probably need a good clean out and maybe a new set of shoes.
As the brake linings wear, there is nowhere for the brake dust to go so it just builds up in the drums

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone

Update on the problem with my Nissan Serena.

The rear brake cylinders and shoes needed replacing however the squeaking turned out to be the propshaft.

This made sense because I could not figure out which wheel the squeaking was coming from, anyway Nissan wanted over £400 without vat for a new one.

I declined their offer and opted for a £100 prop from a salvage yard, fitted and drives perfectly.

Once again thanks for all advice.

Back