squealing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help, we have a LOUD squealing/screeching noise coming from our shower. It's coming from a flow valve from what I have read. Issue is, I cannot remove the valve to check. Not exactly cash rich currently and with two small kids in the house don't want them up all night. Am currently turning off water at mains to resolve in short term but obviously height of summer not the nicest place to be especially with the pool party on summer hols.

Wondering if anyone can offer any advice on removing the valve to at least try and reduce in short term. should be able to replace soonish but any help most granted. I have attached a couple of pics. Wont budge when trying to pull and my other through about removing the small knob at top of tap seems not to be the way. Any ideas I am at you mercy.

Attachments

• IMG_6030.jpg
    IMG_6030.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_6031.jpg
    IMG_6031.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
do you mean it is squealing even when not running?

Have you got a hot-water cylinder? What colour?

You will have to lever that cover off, it's jammed on, probably with water/scale/soap etc. 2 plain screwdrivers at opposite sides. If it's plastic then lever it carefully or you could snap it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back