Squirrels in loft!

images

Sponsored Links
Belrose said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wish I knew how to do things like that.......

if I can do it....ANYONE can...trust me on this one.....there are instructions on the forum on how to post a pic....matter of copy/paste ;)

Sponsored Links
Tony,

You need one of these. Bait it, place it in the loft, check every 12 hours (24hrs by law, but 12 is better). Don't block up where they are getting in until you have caught them all or they will destroy your roof - they are very territorial and will do anything to return to a nest site. Get rid of them before they nest!!!

Whatever you do DON'T use poison... they have a nasty habit of crawling somewhere inaccessible to die (and rot).

Grey squirrels must not be released (it is an offence to do so). they must be dispatched humanely. Most humane way is .22 air pistol pellet to the head (easy as you can do it in the cage), failing that - a sharp blow to the back of the skull (not always easy to get a hold of them).

Under no circumstances must they be drowned in a water butt ;) as this is not deemed humane - but is the easist way and was used for years.

Forestry paid 10 or was it 20p a tail? In the good ole days of muskets for all !
:D

A mate of mine was telling me about when he had squirrels in his loft. He lost his temper with the noise one Sunday morning and took his decorative samurai sword up into he loft (I might add he was wearing a dressing gown and slippers at the time) :LOL:
Anywho, apparently he got it.

Turns out his next door neighbour was feeding the blighters. :rolleyes:

About a year ago Martha managed to hit one of them while it was climbing up the wall with a stick but it got away and died the next day.

They have not been around for the last few weeks perhaps because its been quite cold. They seem to have more fun in the loft during the summer.

I saw a much cheaper "catch it live" rat trap at about £6-95 that a friend had bought to catch her hampster ( when it gets out of the cage! ).

I do have some rat traps like trad mouse traps but bigger. I think I may have tried one before with peanut butter but they did not seem interested or perhaps knew what the trap was.

Tony

Agile wrote:

"Martha managed to hit one of them while it was climbing up the
wall with a stick"

Where did it get the stick, and how was he carrying it ?? I always knew they were clever little fellows ! :LOL:
Bel

Sponsored Links
Back