Ssart One Dry Cleaners Aldridge. Worst Customer service :-(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After using Smart One Dry cleaners in Aldridge for the past 10 years I am so disgusted by the way my wife was treated after our first ever complaint.

She picked up two dresses on a Saturday afternoon for a new years Eve party. We had both booked into Mal Maison Hotel and we were to get ready in the room so we could have some wine and just relax before the night ahead. When she took the dresses out of the wrapping they were found to have a very strong smell which can only be described as body odour. I'm not talking a whiff, I'm talking big time!!

We suddenly opened the 'backup dress' and it was exacty the same. Oh God, what do we do? The only way to get rid of the smell was to spray the best part of a full bottle of perfume that i'd bought my wife for Christmas, best part of £50 worth. Luckily it did the trick although it had put a bit of a dampener on the night (as well as the dress) as my wife was worried that people could smell body odour. All I could smell was bleedin' perfume!!!

Anyway, the next available day that dry cleaners opened, my wife went there to take both dresses, the perfumed one and the other clean one.

She was very calm and polite when presenting the dresses to the lady (owner) who has always served her with a smile over the years. As soon as my wife started exclaiming there was a smell the lady instantly started arguing saying that there was no way the smell would get on the dresses and suggested it was my wife that smells!!

We really couldn't believe it, my wife, still calm explained that she doesn't have body odour and that perhaps the dresses could have been contaminated by dirty dresses? The lady just point blank refused to help us. My wife exclaimed we didn't want our money back, just to have them washed again. She didn't mention we had used the best part of fifty quids worth of perfume to mask the smell! My wife excalimed that all our family use the dry cleaners and that we are happy with the service and really would like this resolved. Could it have been a chemical used or had someone worn the dresses? It was strange that there were no pink tags attached to the labels of the dresses which is what are usually attached so they can identify the customer to the garment.

Pure and simple the lady resisted in every way and did not care if the whole of our family use this dry cleaners, she was not going to offer a re-clean or anything, she didn't want to know. She was almost becoming agressive with crossed arms and some finger wagging too!

So well done Smart One Dry Cleaners Aldridge, Walsall, West Midlands for probably the worst customer service we have ever experienced. So sad we've used you all these years and you did not want to help us, even by offering a re-clean which wouldn't have cost you much but, instead out of stubborness, you choose to throw away our custom as we certainly won't be using you again, nor will my parents, sisters and brothers and my wife's family too. We all did a quick calculation between all of us at Christmas as to how much we spend and between 12 of us we were giving you between £600 and £1600 a year. You chose to throw this away over two dresses.

Let's hope this gets picked up in search results and one day you read it and realise how unfair you were appaling service :(

Sponsored Links
Had a similar experience at our local independant cleaner. I thing they scrimp on cleaning out the carbon filters or something :confused:

Anyway, the bottom line is that I wash my suits at 30 on a wool wash and they do fine, and at a fraction of the price.

As for you experience Roofline, I feel for you. You rely on a professional to do their job and they let you down badly and then make things even worse. Is is part of a chain - if so then HQ may be worth calling :idea:

May I suggest you write a letter of complaint informing them of the amount of money they're losing.

As to the dresses, the 'body odour' smell is a strange odour for it to be one of their cleaning chemicals, I'm wondering if A) The dresses have never been cleaned but left in storage with other garments or B) That someone from the store has actually had the bare faced cheek to wear them on a night out and simply placed them back in the store afterwards.

May I suggest you write a letter of complaint informing them of the amount of money they're losing.

As to the dresses, the 'body odour' smell is a strange odour for it to be one of their cleaning chemicals, I'm wondering if A) The dresses have never been cleaned but left in storage with other garments or B) That someone from the store has actually had the bare faced cheek to wear them on a night out and simply placed them back in the store afterwards.
Reckon it's a chemical thing coupled with lack of machine maintenance. I wear my suits regularly and sent them for a clean - they came back reeking of sweat.

Sponsored Links

We did actually think that and after no joy with the lady my wife did politely ask could someone else have worn the dresses and put them back? (The lady has a 30'ish daughter, similar size and shape to my wife) only to be snapped back at by saying "My daughter doesn't have your taste" :mad:

With reference to your point A. We did think this as the pink tags that they staple to the dress tag to identify the customer were not on there. We only realised this about a week after the complaint. If only we had realised before and it would have been good to hear what she had to say about it.

I think what makes it worse is that the lady recognises my wife and always says hello and a smile but just suddenly turned when it came to a complaint.

I noticed a mod has removed the name of the company from the title and text. Still, at least thats' better than deleting it. Gotta vent out my frustration to someone!

It's a right if reply thing I suppose - they're never too keen on naming and shaming on here, which considering potential writs, seems reasonable enough.

What was the name of it again ;)

...after no joy with the lady my wife did politely ask could someone else have worn the dresses and put them back? (The lady has a 30'ish daughter, similar size and shape to my wife) only to be snapped back at by saying "My daughter doesn't have your taste" :mad:
That's an interesting comment in itself. Why did she make that correlation? Your wife asked if 'someone else' could have worn the dress/dresses and she immediately states that her daughter doesn't have your wife's taste!

...after no joy with the lady my wife did politely ask could someone else have worn the dresses and put them back? (The lady has a 30'ish daughter, similar size and shape to my wife) only to be snapped back at by saying "My daughter doesn't have your taste" :mad:
That's an interesting comment in itself. Why did she make that correlation? Your wife asked if 'someone else' could have worn the dress/dresses and she immediately states that her daughter doesn't have your wife's taste!
Well spotted sherlock :idea:

Sponsored Links
Back