ST7100 - CH Wiring Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Have switched our hot water and central heating to our summer settings using Honeywell ST7100 and have found that the central heating is still coming on despite having set all settings instances not to. Effectively the central heating is coming on at the same time as the hot water is set to.
I've checked the user guide and the ST7100 Internal Switching Arrangement on page 12 appears to indicate that the unit has been incorrectly wired which is resulting in the above-mentioned issue. I've attached a photo of the unit with the cover removed for reference.
There is no wire connected to the CH Off terminal. Can anyone advise how I should go about fixing this?

Attachments

• ST7100-wiringIssue.jpg
    ST7100-wiringIssue.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Looks like you have a 3 port mid position valve, which sounds like it’s stuck in mid position, thus, bringing your heating on.

Last edited:
Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. Do I therefore take it that ST7100 does not require a wire connected to the CH Off terminal in order to control the central heating?

Sponsored Links
CH off is hardly ever used on any heating set up, it is used on commerciall installations where they have air conditioning, but hardly ever on a domestic installation

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
sounds like the motor on the 3 port valve has failed, that would be my first check

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back