Stacking tumble dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at refitting our utility room and need some ideas on where to put a tumble dryer.

We are thinking about having it above the washing machine and I've seen a few wall mounted upside down dryers. However the seem to be very basic and require venting.

The washing machine will be under a worktop, so is it possible to sit a decent condensing dryer on the worktop?

Would it need securing to the wall behind or something in case it jumps about while drying? I assume they spin pretty slowly so should not jump.

We are about 5'6 tall so the controls should be in reach. The other issue I can think of is emptying the water tray if its up high.

Thoughts and opinions please!

Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
If the counter isn't in yet, there are stacking kits available, I have one for my Bosch washer and dryer. About £80, so not the cheapest, but it ensures they are well attached, and has a pull out shelf for easily loading and unloading the dryer. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back