Extractor fan at floor level

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I am in the process of moving my washing machine and tumble dryer into my garage.

The tumble dryer is a condenser model, but generates a far amount of condensation, so I am intending to put a humidity-controlled extractor fan in the garage.

The garage has a number of existing vent bricks which I was thinking of using, rather than having to cut a new hole.

One of the vent bricks is directly behind where the tumble dryer is going to go, but it is just above floor level.

The other vent brick is two-thirds up the same wall but on the other end, so it is a few metres away from the tumble dryer.

My question is - would the extractor fan be better closer to the tumble dryer but at ground level or higher up but further away?

Thanks,

Carl

Sponsored Links
If it's generating moisture then it's faulty.
High level extraction is better as hot air and therefore moisture content rises.

Thanks for your replies.

The "Plan" is to replace the dryer at some point, but not any time soon.

So the extractor fan is a short term solution

Carl

Sponsored Links
I am intending to put a humidity-controlled extractor fan in the garage.

Needs humidity (not much of that at ground level) so wants to be higher up, if possible above dryer.

Should be easy enough to get a hole cut in garage wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back