Staff beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My sash window currently has 28x17mm staff beading without any brushes. When shopping I can only find beading with brushes that are 25x15mm. would this still be ok?

I only ask because my current beading is nice and flush with the front cill of the window and I don't want it to sit back. Will the brush fill the 3mm gap or do I still need 28mm with a brush?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
If you really do mean staff beads (the beading around the inside of the sash frame) then the exact size is less important, other than possibly looking a bit odd when the windows are opened and the beads don't match. The widfth of the bad matters i that if it doesn't match the depth of the outside frame it can again look a biyt odd. It's the parting bead which really needs to be the exact size for the groove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back