Staff told not to resuscitate patients at West Park in Darlington

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/n...ate-patients-west-park-darlington/?ref=twtrec

A MENTAL health trust has told its staff not to resuscitate its patients because it does not have the equipment to safely carry out the procedure.

An internal email sent by the trust’s medical director to staff revealed the trust did not have enhanced Personal Protective Equipment in place for resuscitation.

It said PPE including, gloves, long sleeved gowns, eye protection and FFP3 face masks were currently “not available” within the trust.

As such, staff were advised not to commence the CPR procedure even if advised to by ambulance control or life-saving equipment.

Sponsored Links
We were debating this in the house this morning.
As much as it sounds harsh I agree the managers here should be putting staff first and reaching out to the press to let it be known they need more support.

Sponsored Links
I was asked if I wanted a resus team standing by when my father died. I was satisfied they had done what they could and said no and also explained why. A relative of mine was part traumatised when one of thier's died. They were bought back 3 times. The people at the hospital said we wouldn't put you through that. In both cases this wasn't heart failure but serious problems elsewhere - cancer related.

It really isn't nice to be asked questions like that. They wouldn't ask him. Hardly surprisingreally. If I asked him I am pretty sure he would also say no. Actually I think he was lucky to die in a hospital. Not geriatric as well.

I was asked if I wanted a resus team standing by when my father died. I was satisfied they had done what they could and said no and also explained why. A relative of mine was part traumatised when one of thier's died. They were bought back 3 times. The people at the hospital said we wouldn't put you through that. In both cases this wasn't heart failure but serious problems elsewhere - cancer related.

It really isn't nice to be asked questions like that. They wouldn't ask him. Hardly surprisingreally. If I asked him I am pretty sure he would also say no. Actually I think he was lucky to die in a hospital. Not geriatric as well.
It's like having a will. Everyone should have one just in case you don't get enough warning. The same goes for how you want to be looked after if you're suddenly not able to communicate your wishes in hospital.

The way we refuse to discuss death and emergency care is something we as a nation need to get over.

That comedian / actor Richard Prior

Was talking in an interview yeras ago

Apparently his father died on the job :eek:

He came and went at the same time :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back