Staffordshire Blue Bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the staff blue's I can get for £415.+ vat a 1000. I've just been in jewsons and the cheapest blue they can do is £520 + vat (not staff's)
but he told me that some cheap blue's come with a lot of broken bricks so I could lose out by having a lot of waste.
anyone know if you tend to get a lot of waste in a pack of staff's or was he hoping for a sale.
other question is the colour fairly even in a pack of staff's as I look at some other blue bricks but there seemed a lot of brown tinted
ones rather than mostly blue per pack.

Sponsored Links
Unless you have an account Jewsons tend to be expensive..
£415 is a reasonable price for staffs
As far as damage goes it's pure pott luck. If you get more than 5% damaged let the supplier know.
You will always get some broken and chipped bricks

Unless you have an account Jewsons tend to be expensive..
£415 is a reasonable price for staffs
As far as damage goes it's pure pott luck. If you get more than 5% damaged let the supplier know.
You will always get some broken and chipped bricks

if the wall or coping bricks are visible and decorative go for staffy best blues.

seconds are discoloured, have shrinkage splits and firing blemishes or blisters.

ultimately you get what you pay for.

Sponsored Links
they're to come out of the ground from the under pin and work in bit by bit up to splash courses to replace the soft red's.
going to be a long long job. a few blistered faces I can lose, 9 inch wall, but I would like to get enough blue of an even colour
for the splash course's out of a thousand . my ground level is about a foot above floor level at the highest point and flush with floor level
lowest point, I'm stuck with these levels so if you have any suggestions how to work in a proper dpc in to this would be most welcome,
wall length 6.5m with 3m return, its a 1940's 2 storey ext. built on to 1870' ish cottage.
under pin is being done in sections.
extension is built on the floor slab which is flush with the ground at the low level and this slab will be chop back to be replaced with bricks.
the whole slab will be dug out and replaced at a later date. opinions, advice welcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back