Stain on Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These stains appeared on the living room ceiling. I have lived here for 2 years and the stains weren't there before. I took the floor up upstairs and there's nothing there. Is it feasible that this is an old stain that has bled through after 2 years?

If I put a moisture meter directly on the darkest part of the stain I get 2% and the reading is zero elsewhere.

IMG_1191.JPG

Sponsored Links
Possible I suppose if the seller did a quick once over, use a stain blocker loads about my favourite is Zinsser bullseye 123, but any DIY store will have something.

Sponsored Links
I the ceiling is plasterboard, you would be surprised how far water can travel from a leak and will take the easiest route and show at a joint on the plasterboard, it is not always the case that the water leak is above where the staining is

Possible you may have radiator pipes running under the corridor. I dont think thats water thats come from far, as in from a leak elswhere as you would see stains going in straight lines (where plasterboard joints run) before pooling in a particular low spot.

Have u lifted the floorboards above this?

Worth checking that the water didn't come from below - anybody opened a bottle of champagne or fizzy drink?

Any small people with water pistols or the like?

Do you dry clothing in the home?, quickest way to get condensation stains on ceilings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back