1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Stain

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Flyman1978, 10 Feb 2020.

1. Flyman1978

Flyman1978

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Some slight staining has come through my lining paper.

If I applied some zinsser bin to the lining paper, would that stop the stain going through to the top wallpaper (once it’s up)?

thanks.

2. ktuludays

ktuludays

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What's the stain from? Is it water damage?

Zinnser bin will cover it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. opps

opps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    As above- BIN will block (old) water stains. If you are confident that the stain is an old stain then apply BIN and then paper.

BTW buy a small bottle of household ammonia to clean the brush after. It is an alkali so it totally brakes down the BIN. Zinsser recommend meths but that just dilute the paint. The ammonia evaporates off over night and you are left with water with "dust" in the bottom that can be poured away.

I used to use throw away brushes and rollers when working with BIN but they horrible to work with, once I discovered Household Ammonia I am happy to use my Purdy and Wooster brushes and rollers with BIN.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flyman1978

Flyman1978

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Def not water damage but not sure what it is - it’s a slight yellowish colour (lining paper only put up today). Just wanted to make sure if i applied zinsser, it wouldn’t effect the lining paper or the paper to be put on top.
    Thanks.

6. Sponsored Links