Stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some slight staining has come through my lining paper.

If I applied some zinsser bin to the lining paper, would that stop the stain going through to the top wallpaper (once it’s up)?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
As above- BIN will block (old) water stains. If you are confident that the stain is an old stain then apply BIN and then paper.

BTW buy a small bottle of household ammonia to clean the brush after. It is an alkali so it totally brakes down the BIN. Zinsser recommend meths but that just dilute the paint. The ammonia evaporates off over night and you are left with water with "dust" in the bottom that can be poured away.

I used to use throw away brushes and rollers when working with BIN but they horrible to work with, once I discovered Household Ammonia I am happy to use my Purdy and Wooster brushes and rollers with BIN.

Sponsored Links
Def not water damage but not sure what it is - it’s a slight yellowish colour (lining paper only put up today). Just wanted to make sure if i applied zinsser, it wouldn’t effect the lining paper or the paper to be put on top.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back