Staining on white rendered wall from stone slabs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - Bought a house with lovely white painted rendered garden walls with York stone caps. Every cement joint between the stone caps bleeds horrible dirty brown stains down the walls. How do I stop this from happening? Repainting lasts a month, if that. As you can see, these walls have fence panels in between the pillars - 14 in total and all the same size so you can see the size of my problem. Painting both sides of the wall takes an absolute age. Photo attached

Is my only solution to knock the stone off and render the tops?

Sponsored Links
Form a drip bead on the underside of the coping stones by either using a grinder or a bead of silicone.

GregH911, good evening.

Your posted image is only accessed on your profile page, it does not appear in your poet?

Having found the image, how much overhang is there on the coping stones and am i correct the overhanging edge is "rounded"?44

Ken

Sponsored Links
You could give the stone a coat of water repellent which might stop the colour bleeding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back