Stainless steel hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new hot water cylinder fitted and I have been told that the shower should work from a side flange.
How easy is it to cut a flange into the side of the cylinder and is there anyone that could do it.
It is not possible to rectify the problem we have using the top flange as we do not have enough head.
The cylinder is stainless steel and not copper.
Any help would be appretiated as It is major work getting the cylinder replaced.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Who fitted this? Why is he not advising you?

Is it unvented?

Without proper advice you are likely to get into further problems.

I dont see how what you are planning is going to help.

Please give us the whole picture!

Tony

I have had a new hot water cylinder fitted and I have been told that the shower should work from a side flange.
How easy is it to cut a flange into the side of the cylinder and is there anyone that could do it.

It sounds like it may be an unvented cylinder, in which case the shower should operate properly with a connection direct to the top hot water outlet.

You'd only need a side outlet (or a Warix flange or Surrey flange fitted to the top outlet) if the cylinder was vented and there was to be a shower pump fitted.

You would not fit (and should not need) a shower pump on an unvented hot water cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back