stainless steel splashbacks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to buy a large (1023 x 750) splashback for my new kitchen but feel a bit lost when it comes to the depth needed.

Is there a minimum depth, which gives you a good finish? I've been given a price on a 0.7cm deep one but it seems a bit slim when compared to other websites.

Also, has anyone fitted one before? I'm intending to use something like no nails but does it need to be put on a MDF back or can it go straight onto the wall?

Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Tiles are usually 4mm+ so 7mm seems fine. What difference does it make if it's thicker?

Stainless steel is a dense, heavy material. a panel 7mm thick of the dimentions you're talking will weigh quite a bit and be more than tough enough for the job.
Also it had better come pre-drilled, you'd need to go some to make holes or cuts in it.

Sponsored Links
No, you can definately glue these on, but 7mm... seems very thick. Perhaps it should be supported at the base to take the weight, glue will simply stop it from falling forwards.

Anyone recomend a good place to but such a thing? Screwfix sell them but recomend a DIY cut, which sounds like an easy way to waste £80!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back