Stains on fresh plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if anyone could give me any advice.
I had my walls plastered a couple of months ago, and once dry, gave them a mistcoat of emulsion which was fine. however, once i applied the basecoat and topcoat of emulsion, i noticed small blotches/stains around where the angle bead was placed. the blotches are lighter and shinier than the rest of the emulsion. i was told that this was something to do with the galvanised nails used.
i decided to use an oil-based primer (which was actually made for wood!)over the blotches, which seemed to cover them, but now i'm having trouble concealing the primer with the emulsion.

I have been told a coat of PVA may do the trick, and that plenty of emulsion will eventually cover it, but i've also been told i may have to sand back to plaster and start again.
not quite sure what to do!!

Any Suggestions welcome thanks

Sponsored Links
Marioe,
There is a similar question to yours in the Plastering and Rendering section.
Title of the post: "Corner Bead showing through Paint". This will give you your answer. Only posted a few days ago.

Roughcaster.

Cheers, tho i think i might have sorted it by lathering it in emulsion!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back