Stair repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya! new here today and im hoping someone can help me out!

I have Laminate flooring all through my house and ive come to a big glitch... The stairs! im going to be hacking off the old... very old! plaster as half of it is falling off the walls, then im hoping to make a start on my stairs.. problem is they are old!! some of the steps are split and most others extremely creaky (but i know how to sort that) and covered in layers and layers of old paint, foam underlay remnants etc... I would love to be able to strip the whole lot back to bare wood but i have tried nitromoors, sanding them and a lot of the paint just wont shift! (then there is the problem of the splits in some of the steps)

Thing is, ive heard some people say that you can resurface the stairs with what i assume is a Laminate or thin wood veneer. is this correct and where do i get it?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back