Stair rods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a stupid question, but does anyone know of a product such as plastic stair rods? You know the kind of plastic that has been laquered to make it brass effect etc?
If that's a stupid question, here's a more sensible one...
Does anyone know of a cheap(er(ish)) place to get either new or re-claimed stair rods? I've been scouting around on ebay but the ones i find seem to have bits missing or they are bent.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
dibble - you're on a hiding to nothing trying to get "cheap(er(ish)" new rods for less than a fiver each say; the stuff that's been reclaimed (worth reclaiming), such a brass & bronze, will attract a premium. I went through this very exercise last year; out with the old fitted carpet and in went runners up 3 staircases. SWMBO demanded antique brass triangular rods with finials on the ends :cry: . With the sound of the whip cracking across my back much research was done ... reclamation yards Nationwide (SALVO web), ebay, nothing!!! In the end got the stuff from these people, via John Lewis (they supplied the runners) and are SWMBO's favourite shop:
http://www.stairrods.co.uk/

Check-out their range as they might have something suitable for you.

I know this is an old post, but just thought id let you know I looked everywhere for stair rods, including the shop mentioned above they were nearly £23 a rod, eventually I found www.quality-stair-rods.co.uk where I managed to get some brand new stair rods for only £4.95 each and they look great, east to fit for DIYers, I could cut them to length using an adjustable pluming pipe cutter, and have had so many positive comments, Ill hopefully upload some images when I get chance, Ive been in my house 2 years and have renovated top to bottom............. maybe its time to buy a new one and start it all over again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back