staircase renewel using a kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I notice that the ranch style I have isnt true to the stair strings. The house is a terraced with the stairs going though the middle of the house from left to right, across three levels there are two staircases one above the other. (hope thats a helpful description).

I am doing the basement to first floor. on the right hand side the bottom newels both sides they look ok the left and right hand sides of the strings and newels meet up together. so the base rail will sit nicely.

At the top its a different story the newels are on the inside of the string so the ranch style handrails go up and bend inwards!

The left side I cannot do this as I didnt remove this stud wall that joins against the upstairs stair well. and has a door from against it in the entrance hall ie as you go up the stairs and get to the floor level it becomes a closed stairwell.

I am assuming that in this case I proceed with the new bottom newel and put in the baserail and stop when I get to the floor level and just cut the spigots to suit ie eventually getting smaller and smaller and then attach with a bracket to the ceiling to avoid branching in?

Hope I have explained it well.

many regards in advance.

Peter

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back