stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can you tell me how to measure from the newell post to the first spindle ? do I take the measurement from the centre of the newell post to the centre of the first spindle,then carry on up,I want a four inch gap, the problem also, is we want to use one inch diameter steel spindles. hope this makes sense, ta.

Sponsored Links
The gap between the face of the newel post and the first spindle should be less than 100mm if thats what you're asking, in any case you need to divide up the total space you're filling with spindles to ensure every gap's the same.

as fred said the gap should be no more than 100mm/4" but I measure the gap from newlpost to newlpost and find the center and start from there.

to freddymercurystwin & markie thankyou both for once i understand what people are saying, i can use both answers, cant go wrong then can i :!: :eek:

Sponsored Links
try this

5 feet long, you have 5 posts to fit, but you cant count the ends
divide it by 5 = 1 every foot simple.

try it and see

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back