STAN, YOU STILL OUT THERE?

JSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Stan,

Brilliant; opened both taps on Baxi and successfully repressurised to 1.5 bar. I'll monitor the situation but desperately hoping there is not a leak - new house, carpets all down, pipes underneath, no easy access, etc. Can the system just lose some water without there being a leak? If there is a leak, is there a rule of thumb to guide me how bad it is, e.g. 1 Bar loss = 1 Litre?

Hope to hear from you.

Sponsored Links
Hi, glad I could help you on this :+))
For sure there are rules to calculate what a 1-liter leakage would cause, but you would need to know to volume of the system, the volume of the expansion tank, temperature, and so on.
But now you know how to repressurize the system, take one bucket and drain the system until you reach, let say 1 b. This will be about half a pint or so, then you will see what it represents.
If you have a very small leak inside the boiler, it may be invisible (except for some white dust) as it will evaporate quickly.
Check for the drain on the safety valve. It has to be visible, one drop at a time, and at the end, pressure drops....
Hope this will have helped you.
Stan
don't forget to close both filling knobs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back