Stange problem with an Ecomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know there are few Vaillant buffs on here so here goes!

Ecomax 824/2E with 340f wireless kit

DHW fine

Heating get only to 52 degrees even with boiler set to 82.

If you press the manual/override button on the integral reciever, heating will fire up and reach 82 if required.

The radiator symbol flashes in the display when it is only getting to 52 and working off the wireless kit

If the manual button is pressed on the reciever then the radiator symbol remains solid.

On the reciever the left hand green light flashes aprrox once per second as does the red middle light. The left hand light does nothing.

Any ideas why its not working as per every other ecomax ive worked on!!!

Im guessing the RF unit has something to do with this condition but ive not come across this Vaillaint control system and the cust has no instuctions.

Cheers guys

Sponsored Links
Is analogue mode enabled on the 340f? This modulates down flow temp as load decreases.

Does the house heat up adequately? What value does D71 show? (factory set is 82, my recommended is 70) What is D0 set to? (could the ch be under-rated?)

I changed D.0 fit was on 11kw and increased it to 18kw.

The rads all heat up ok but they only get to 52degrees when the RF fuction is enabled. If is press the single grey button in the middle of the reciever unit to overide/put into manual the Rf unit then the heating comes up to whatever temp to have it set too.

Why does the radiator symbol (the CH demand light) flash when the Rf unit is being utilised and remains a solid symbol when the Rf unit is overriden?

Sponsored Links
flashing light indicated communication between transmitter and receiver, if flow temp reaches target value when 340 is overridden there is no fault with boiler or system-the 340 is limiting the boiler flow temp to maximise efficency as house is already warm. You can disable this feature by setting to "two point" mode but I wouldn't myself. You set it to 18kw but how many rads on system?

13 rads on the system

Im guessing its time for a new wireless stat then. The cust has not a clue of setting the vaillant one so might go for a Honeywell or something similer.

How is the "two point mode" enabled...is it somwthing my customer could have done by chance? He has had the boiler for 5 years and has never had a problem unitl today.

The house was not what i would call warm.......52degrees flow temp was not heating the house when it was -1 outside today.

13 rads on the system

Im guessing its time for a new wireless stat then. The cust has not a clue of setting the vaillant one so might go for a Honeywell or something similer.

How is the "two point mode" enabled...is it somwthing my customer could have done by chance? He has had the boiler for 5 years and has never had a problem unitl today.

The house was not what i would call warm.......52degrees flow temp was not heating the house when it was -1 outside today.

You can get an "idiot guide" for the 340 but they are not suitable for pensioners imo, the honeywell cm 927 is alot more user friendly.

Honeywell is what I was thinking too............Had the Siemans rep in the merchants today. God awful unit, ugly, large but very very user friendly so might try on on this older custermer of mine.

Cheers for the help!

Honeywell is what I was thinking too............Had the Siemans rep in the merchants today. God awful unit, ugly, large but very very user friendly so might try on on this older custermer of mine.

Cheers for the help!

or you could go for a timeswitch 110 mechanical timer and standard hard wired roomstat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back