At my wits end!! Valliant Eco Tech Pro 28- No Heating....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: Hi, Hopefully someone can help me!

As stated I have an eco tech pro 28 ( fitted 2007) supplying 8 rads.
I have a wireless Drayton Digistat RF2 thermostat controling the system.

Problem..... The thermostat appears to be working i.e when I press the button for heating I get a red flashing light on the reciever unit but no heating. There is hot water just no heating.
If I press the + and - buttons together on the boiler then it will fire up and stay on for a short time.......I understand this is a test procedure?
I have re-charged the expansion vessell recently to 1.5 bar.
I have also recently put Fernox 4 Superconcentrate Leak sealer into the system.......just in case there was a leak.

On the thermostat I have a flame symbol showing but the boiler doesn't fire up.
For a long time now there has been a small drip from the condensate pipe outside and every now and then I use the filling loop to re-fill.

Is it possible the Thermostat or Reciever are faulty or as a signal is definately being sent etc it must be the boiler?

Can anybody help please with suggestions!!

Sponsored Links
Does the green light come on on the receiver? If not try pressing the top button to see if it comes on

Sounds like the stat is faulty. Test for 240v at the lr connection at the board. Or link out the stat by putting a wire between lr and ls. If your heating works youf stat is faulty. Also you have overcharged the vessel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help!

Would it be an idea to get a new stat and reciever etc and if so what would you suggest for a Valliant Ecotech Pro 28......I would like something that i can manually set, i.e not have preset times but just control myself by upping / lowering the temp.

U will need to change the receiver and the stat as a pair . Throw them away and get a danfos tp5000, easy to fit, easy to use, very reliable. The fault is common with the Drayton stat u have

Thanks for that, I'll look into getting one.

I will post the outcome on here as soon as I have fitted it.

Just like to say this is such a good helpful site and again Thanks to all for your suggestions etc!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back