VRT 350f and Valliant Eco Tec Pro 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope someone can help!
I have just changed the batteries in my wall wireless VRT 350f thermostat and now cannot link it back up with my Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28.
The boiler was fitted around 6 months ago and has been fine and this is the first problem I have had.
I have turned off the electrics to boiler for 3 mins and taken out batteries from thermostat and then turned boiler back on and re inserting batteries etc but I'm not getting the full menu of readings on the thermostat and cannot wirelessly operate boiler.

Does anyone know how to 'marry'/get the two communicating again?
Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Have you tried pressing the button above the led? Is the led red?

Hi Chris, thanks for replying. I still have the problem......not sure what 'led' you are referring to?
I haven't taken the boiler front cover off so should I be doing that regards the receiver unit?
Hoping to get this sorted out before the cold weather hits!

Please treat me as a complete novice regarding this problem!

Ok, firstly - no need to remove the boiler cover. The receiver for the wireless unit might be the plug-in type on the front of the boiler. Can you post a photo of the front of the boiler?

Sponsored Links
This is the boiler Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20220102_163232462.jpg
    IMG_20220102_163232462.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
FYI Chris, I have changed the heating mode to 'holiday' on the boiler until we can get the two units talking again.

Ok, I have edited your photo, circled hello is the bottom and led which I refer to. It appears that the led isn’t lit, is this correct?

Attachments

• 0E0A94A7-A301-445D-88E6-B0A540B00402.jpeg
    0E0A94A7-A301-445D-88E6-B0A540B00402.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 101
Chris, please find better photos, one taken with flash & one without so led green light shows up.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 64
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Thanks
Chris, do you know the normal procedure/sequence of linking the boiler and stat? Is it a case of turning boiler off at electric fuse point for 3 minutes and taking batteries out of stat and then turning boiler back on and putting batteries back in etc?

If the green light is on solid, then it’s already paired up. Take it out if summer mode, and set the boiler temp to at least 62 degrees. Set room thermostat higher than the current room temperature, and let me know if the boiler fires.

the green light is solid but the stat was not showing anything, it was basically blank compared to before removing batteries.
I have taken batteries back out and then re inserted them and at last are getting the different options showing.
Stupidly I pressed the ignition button on the boiler and fired it up so will wait until it goes off and then turn the 'desired temp' up again to see if it fires up.
What setting/mode do i need it on so i can operate it manually rather than have set times etc.
Also the display on the thermostat used to go out........now it is staying on all the time!
Thank you for your help on this!

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back