Star Wars

anyone remember "Night Gallery" with Rod Serling as narrater/presenter?
One particular clever story involved the accidental sending back through time of a futuristic medical kit to the present and how the person who found it had a shortlived period of fame carrying out miraculous surgery. Can't remember the title of that one :(

Sponsored Links
Well I certainly subscribe to the Star Wars is a crock of shyte school of thought. Kendor's choice is very apt selection of quality sci-fi and demonstrate succinctly the sheer paucity of wit that bedevils Star Wars - more an exercise in product placement than the craft of film making.
I too liked Tron when I saw it originally, but a recent viewing showed it not to have worn well, though with some older movies age can be part of the attraction.

Rod Serling definetly created some good stuff with the Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. I remember one of the latter where the late Laurence Harvey had a certain species of earwig get into his lughole and start noshing his brain....and don't say it can't happen! :evil:

Also the Forbidden Planet was based on the Tempest written by wossisname...oh gawd!...well he could tell a good story anyway. :LOL:

i loved the original trilogy, but at the time it was new, exciting and was pretty amazing in terms of effects etc. The latest ones have been garbage so far. The plots are crap and they are just too polished and scenes that you look at and think oh yeah computer graphics, as opposed to 30 years ago, where you sat and thought wow, how do they do that? ANd whats the point of seeing the film when you know how the characters are going to turn out?

Still dont think you can beat the musical version of war of the worlds with richard burton. I remember listening to it when i was 8 and being scared ****less!

Sponsored Links
This was one of the major dilemnas with New Star Wars. There was the modernist school of thought that said "Use the best CGI available", then there was the traditionalist school of thoughts that said "Make it comparable to the originals, for consistency"

They drew a compromise by using modern CGI, but "updating" the originals (I wouldn't say they improved them :confused: ).
-
-
-
I just looked it up on IMDB.com and ROTJ was released in 1983, when I was 2... I saw it with my dad and bro in Basildon cinema in 1986, and I remember there being a *BIG* queue even then. Obviously the films were seen as classics in their own time!

I got to watch all 3 originals in 2002 via laserdisc and projector, shweet. :D

Really glad I do not particularly 'hate' anything ..... dislike, yes ...
;) :D

chainsaw_masochist said:
Rod Serling definetly created some good stuff with the Twilight Zone and Night Gallery. I remember one of the latter where the late Laurence Harvey had a certain species of earwig get into his lughole and start noshing his brain....and don't say it can't happen! :evil:
glad you reminded me of that episode with lawrence harvey great stuff! and how they sympathised with him whilst telling him the earwig had laid eggs inside his skull. oh the patter of tiny feet eeek!

its very good ,better than any other Star Wars spinoff film , ignore the rest just watch this an then Star Wars film .....

swelac
with all due respect ... this is ALL about star wars , I aint a nerd , but its very upsetting to here about a totally different sci-fi film .... an I have massive to post on that "blade runner ", so start another thread ok :) an never ever hijack a thread as its awful /bad manners .. ok cheers mate

kendor said:
There are many more great science fiction movies that i havn't mentioned here, what science fiction movies do the rest of you like?

charley farley

wipe the tish out of your eyes and read the thread before you decide to start flaming other posters

swelec
stop being an as*hole ,the thread is Star Wars , an never let another idiot poster rip a thread apart ,
This is very bad manners , if you wish start a post this goes to the moron =kendor
is this understood newbie net fools ...ok...OK !!!

charley-farley said:
swelec
stop being an as*hole ,the thread is Star Wars , an never let another idiot poster rip a thread apart ,
This is very bad manners , if you wish start a post this goes to the moron =kendor
is this understood newbie net fools ...ok...OK !!!

Charley-farley - Why are so very rude to people :confused:!!
And I assume that 'newbie net fools' also means you!

Many threads started off about one thing and move onto other related stuff.
This one started about star wars and has now evolved but the subject is still related to films...........................does it really matter that much?

Kendor, swelec etc - one of the best films I ever saw was The war of the worlds (original) - I have recently found my 1980's CD narrated in parts by Richard Burton, which brought back memories..........brilliant :) !!!

Anyone remember Scanners
ExplodeHead.gif

Enjoy your lunch...

Star Wars was Cowboys and Indians with Light Sabres instead of Colt .45's. The only good thing to come from that film was Harrison Ford, the others took their bad acting talents and left them on the shelf thankfully.

Darth Vader was the best Character, other than that I though all the SW films were tosh.

I much prefered the original BattleStar Galactica Film (Not the series)

The best science fiction stories have not been made into films though.

Oh 2001 A space Odessy...Book EXCELLENT, Film a load of 60's hippy crap.

Sponsored Links
Back