Starting over

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the building site I'm looking to landscape has, I assume, reasonable topsoil on already; it's certainly well covered with grass, brambles and other vegetation. There is quite bit of work to do with levels, a terracing to install, hardcore to be laid for driveway and paths etc. I assume that I should set about scraping the soil into a pile, set the levels and terraces, then put the soil back.. but what do I do with all the crappy grass, weeds, brambles etc that is on there currently? Do I have to treat it with something chemically to kill it all off/rotavate it first or will being ripped up into a pile for a few months kill most of the flora off?

Sponsored Links
Spray it, leave for a week then use a brushcutter to slice off the majority of the growth. then pile up the waste and burn it.

Then scrape off the topsoil and pile it up.

Use a woody weedkiller like sbk and a normal glyphosate together as glyph will not kill brambles and if you leave them in your pile they will return once you spread the soil back out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back