Stealth Car Tax

Sponsored Links
Now that its reduced to a slanging match. I'm done.

Thought it wouldn't last for long.

I see plenty more patronising waffle ahead. :rolleyes:
But while there's moonlight and music,
and love and romance.
Let's face the music and dance. :eek:

Merry Christmas. ;)

For once, you've posted something sensible - and I agree with you. Probably won't last, but here goes......................

'Tis the season - so yes, Merry Christmas to you.

Sponsored Links
The use of certain words in a pejorative way is a never ending story. Once a given word is found to be used in an offensive fashion, it is immediately replaced with another that is thought to be completely innocent. Then someone somewhere makes use of the new word as an insult, so that in turn is replaced by another, and so it goes on.

It doesn't really matter how often 'unsuitable' words are outlawed, there will always be others to replace them.

The use of certain words in a pejorative way is a never ending story. Once a given word is found to be used in an offensive fashion, it is immediately replaced with another that is thought to be completely innocent. Then someone somewhere makes use of the new word as an insult, so that in turn is replaced by another, and so it goes on.

It doesn't really matter how often 'unsuitable' words are outlawed, there will always be others to replace them.

Agreed, but perhaps as time goes on ,society's attitudes change.
So a higher percentage of people realise it is rude to call people names based on how they look, or use their condition as an insult etc

Then people using previously harmless words in an insulting way become fewer and fewer, so that words 'change' at a slower rate.

There will always be people who are insecure or with low self esteem, who feel the need to call others names because they are different. But maybe there won't be as many.

Back