Stelrad Elite vs Softline

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been looking at Stelrad radiators as I have at least one in need of replacement.

From what I understood the Elite is their "base" radiator and the Compact and Softline are essentially Elites with side panels and grilles fitted?

However I've noticed that their Softline range come with a 15 year warranty whereas the Elite and Compact are 10 year. I'm not bothered about the warranty but is this purely a marketing thing rather than the Softline actually being superior?

As it happens, I prefer the look of the Softline grilles so will probably go with those anyway, however I notice that the power output is slightly less - is this purely that the panels disrupt the heat dissipation slightly but otherwise as I've mentioned above they're the same?

Sponsored Links
The only difference as far as I'm aware is the panels, and yes they do block the heat very slightly

Find something else to worry about
Living in the UK, I don't think heating my home is an unreasonable thing to "worry about" personally.

Not that I should have to justify myself in asking a plumbing related question on a plumbing forum... If you have nothing constructive to post, why bother?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back