1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Stelrad Elite vs Softline

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by imroberts, 10 Jan 2021.

1. imroberts

imroberts

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So I've been looking at Stelrad radiators as I have at least one in need of replacement.

From what I understood the Elite is their "base" radiator and the Compact and Softline are essentially Elites with side panels and grilles fitted?

However I've noticed that their Softline range come with a 15 year warranty whereas the Elite and Compact are 10 year. I'm not bothered about the warranty but is this purely a marketing thing rather than the Softline actually being superior?

As it happens, I prefer the look of the Softline grilles so will probably go with those anyway, however I notice that the power output is slightly less - is this purely that the panels disrupt the heat dissipation slightly but otherwise as I've mentioned above they're the same?

2. muggles

muggles

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The only difference as far as I'm aware is the panels, and yes they do block the heat very slightly

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. imroberts

imroberts

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Living in the UK, I don't think heating my home is an unreasonable thing to "worry about" personally.

Not that I should have to justify myself in asking a plumbing related question on a plumbing forum... If you have nothing constructive to post, why bother?

5. imroberts

imroberts

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks muggles, I'm glad someone is here to help a fellow member :)

6. Sponsored Links
  7. Mottie

Mottie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It makes him feel superior.

• Like Like x 1