Are Kermi Radiators any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of my CH system upgrade, the company I'm dealing with has quoted me for Kermi radiators. Today I finally got the overall quote, and I was a bit surpirsed to find Kermi only gives 5 yr warranty.

I've done some online price comparison, which isn't really like for like as I couldn't find a website that sold both Kermi and StelRad radiators. However, generally, StelRad was actually cheaper than Kermi and yet StelRad gives 10 yrs warranty.

When I had started talking to the company, I had told them my preference for StelRad, but they still quoted me for Kermi and said this is the brand they deal in exclusively.

The query is, is Kermi reliable?... should I look elsewhere for a radiators that coem with 10 year warranty?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Excellent Rad. Very well made. Never had a compliant, sorry i lie, aprrentice moaned as they are heavy brutes. There p+ rad is fractionally wider than a single.

Useless Fact: Merchant i use went to see them made at somewhere in Europe.... assures us they are made from same sheet metal used in BMW cars.

Then why do they not give 10 yr warranty like everyone else?.

I'm quite desparate actually, so, if soemone can tell me Kermi's are good enough, I'll take the 5 yr warranty and hope whatever has to go wrong goes wrong in the first 5 yrs!!!.

kermis rads are absolutely fine.
we fit a lot of them. no problems whatsoever.
we do fit myson, stelrad etc too, but the finish on the kermi's is very good. at least as good as the others.

kermi rads also have a clever little locking clip on the bracket, which holds them, stoping them sliding along the brackets as much as the stelrads.

stelrad warranty for steel panel rads fitted in bathrooms (and other high humidity area's) is only 12months.

Sponsored Links
No way will stelrad honour a 10 year guarantee they are part of the caradon group as are Ideal boilers enough said :cry:
They now put a little sticker on the back of there rads saying if removed warranty is void! A sticker for gods sake :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back